Here's a funny story.
A friend of mine was in LA for an interview, so she crashed at my place the night before her interview. Since we got to my apartment from the garage, i described her how to get out of our building that night. She nodded her head, looking like she knows what to do.
That morning, she prepared and left at 6ish. Being lazy to get up early as usual, I ignored all the noises and went back to bed. Then, I got a phone call. She said, "I'm stuck in a garage room. I can't get out of the room, and the door I entered is locked now." By the way, that was at 7 in the morning. So I got out of bed, being grumpy and all.
I walked to our garages to look for her. We had two garages on two levels. So I asked her, "Is the garage door in the left or right corner?" She said, "It's in the middle." What the hell, I was thinking like "can't she understand English? There is no way the garage door would be in the middle."
Since her answers were useless and left me no clue of where she's in the building, I yelled out her name while walking around my apt building. That was in vein too. I got a little irritated and worried b/c she got an important interview in an hour and apparently, she's stuck in a room that doesn't exist in our apt building.
Then, she suggested me to walk on the street since she can see the street from her locked-up room. So there I was, walking in my PJ with my hair all messed up like an idiot, on the street in Westwood. I called her cell phone again, and she described me the colors of all the cars that drove past our apartment. They were all correct, but I still couldn't find her. And she told me that a girl just walked on the street. I said, "Which girl?" since there was no one walking in front of my building, except the sleepy and grumpy me. Wait a minute, there was a girl walking towards our building. But there is no way she would see her before I do, UNLESS she is in an another apartment building.
I ran to the building next to ours, and there she was, behind the metal bars of a little dark room in the back of the garage. Oh my! She looked pathetic, like a poor girl in the jail waiting for someone to bail her out. I walked up to this guy who just got out of the building and asked him to open the doors, with my smelly breath, of course. So I got into the building and rescued her. She gave me a long explanation of how she came back to change her shoes and went to the wrong building. But I'm still confused how she got into the mysterious room.
Anyways, my morning started with a lot of laughs. Oh, and she got to her interview on time too.
No comments:
Post a Comment